When I'm doing a workout on my own, I just have to have some tunes to keep me motivated and energized! Sometimes if I don't feel like working out I will throw my headphones on and start listening to one of my workout mixes and usually that gets me in the mood for a workout.
So I would say music is an important component to working out for many people, myself included. A while back I reviewed my Motorola S10-HD Headphones, recently I acquired a new pair of Bluetooth Stereo Headphones compliments of Kinivo. The pair I show you today are the Kinivo BTH240 Bluetooth Stereo Headphones.
Lets get started with what you get in the box... You get the Kinivo BTH240 Bluetooth Stereo Headphones of course, along with a nice velvet carrying pouch that the Kinivo BTH240 fold up compactly into, a micro USB cable for charging and the user manual.
Right off the bat I was very pleased with the compact size of the Kinivo BTH240's, I thought they where going to be a lot larger but found them to be compact and lightweight, yet heavy duty enough to take some mild workout abuse. I charged my new Kinivo BTH240 Bluetooth Stereo Headphones for the suggested 2 hours and then proceeded to give them a trial run during my evening at home workout. Of course I had to do the usual Bluetooth pairing to my iPhone 5s and once that was out of the way I was good to go. I was very pleased with the overall sound quality, lots of bass, smooth high end and a nice present midrange. Turning up the volume produced more than adequate volume which is rare in many headphone these days and even at very high volume levels I didn't notice any distortion.
I gave the Kinivo BTH240 Bluetooth Stereo Headphones my range test by doing my usual walk around of my home, while keeping my iPhone stationary in the gym. I was able to travel at least 40 feet away and even made it downstairs into my kitchen with only a couple very short cut-outs.
Since these headphone are pretty new to me I can not say how durable they will be long term but from the looks of their design and overall build quality, I am not too concerned. And the fact that they are only around $30 means replacing them if they get lost, sat on, worn out, or stollen, not too much of a setback. Heck at that price, why not pickup two pair and have one on standby...
Here are some of the specifications for those of you who like the techie stuff:
The Kinivo BTH240 is a redesign of our top selling BTH220 Bluetooth headphones. New features include Micro USB charging as well as increased battery life coupled with the same amazing audio performance, noise suppression and echo cancellation that customers have come to love!
New and Improved Design: The BTH240 has a new look and features from Kinivo BTH220 Headphones.
- Sleek New Design: Smooth black frame with silver lining and compact button layout.
- Micro-USB Charging port: Use a compact micro-USB charging cable to fully recharge the headset.
- Increased Battery Life: Up to 10 hours of music and talk time.
- Reduced LED Brightness: Modified LED design for more comfortable experience.
- Portability: Lightweight (73g), foldable design provides maximum portability & convenient storage.
- Rechargeable: Integrated rechargeable battery provides up to 10 hours of uninterrupted talk/ music time or 200 hours in the standby mode.
- Hands-Free calling: BTH240 has a built-in noise canceling Microphone. Music will automatically pause when you receive an incoming call.
- iPhone 5, 4S, 4, 3GS.
- All iPads, iPod Touch, Android phones and tablets.
- All other Bluetooth (A2DP) capable devices.
- PS3 (Supports only chat audio).
What's in the Box:
- Kinivo BTH240 Bluetooth Stereo Headphone.
- User Manual.
- Micro USB Charging Cable.
- Carrying Pouch.
Kinivo BTH240 Headphone is covered by 1 year limited hardware warranty.